Tuesday, August 25, 2009

It's Wild...It's Wonderful...It's...Carbondale?

Today, I saw some things. I think the absurdity speaks for itself.

1. A real live road runner running across the field by my house.
2. The first live woodchuck I've ever seen, running under a dumpster.
3. My 11th grade boyfriend.
4. My 12th grade English teacher.
5. An insert in a book I checked out of the SIUC library thanking the university for loaning the book to their college. The insert was from Judson College, the place my mother went for finishing school in the late '60s.

3 comments:

  1. Finishing school?! Wow. I'm glad I grew up in the South in the 80s and 90s...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Scratch that. If I HAD to grow up in the South, which I did, AT LEAST it was in the 80s and 90s.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wonder if the 11th grade boyfriend was me? or alex

    ReplyDelete